Friday, February 18, 2011

Crochet Rabbit

Wherever I sit in my house there are books and crochet nearby. When my daughter sits with me she immediately reaches for those books and crochet projects. She already has plenty of her own books so I thought it was about time I gave her something crocheted of her own that I don't mind her putting in her mouth (rather then my scarfs and tops!).

Introducing Rabbit... 

Rabbit is from Sue Whiting's Weekend Crochet for Babies. For this project I used a 3.5mm hook and leftover yarn: Cleckheaton Baby Cocoon (70% merino wool & 30% nylon), 2 x 50g ball of white, 1 of pink and a very small amount of blue. It has been stuffed with machine washable toy filling.

I worked on it for a couple of hours here and there over about 5 days but I suspect that it could be done in a weekend. The pattern is quite simple and involves a lot of repetition; it is therefore quick and easy to get the hang of and can be completed whilst watching TV.

My daughter loved playing with each little piece as I created it. She now enjoys chatting away to her own little bunny, and of course she loves to chew on it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a message :-)