Wednesday, January 9, 2013

“Waiting On” Wednesday: Requiem

"Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week my pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Requiem
By Lauren Oliver 
Publication Date: 5 March 2013

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancée of the young mayor. Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.
(Goodreads)

I fell in love with this series when I first read Delirium in 2011.  I thought it was such an intriguing and unique story. I can't wait to dive into the pages of Requiem and continue the story with these fabulous characters.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?



20 comments:

  1. Lauren Oliver's books are the definition of AWESOME. & CLIFFHANGERS. But you'll read it anyway 'cause it's just that awesome ;) Great pick! :D

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually started Delirium and feel like it's really boring. Please tell me it gets better!

    What I'm Waiting for This Wednesday
    My Enormous TBR Pile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From memory it may have moved a bit slow in some parts but I was so hooked on the premise of the story that I pushed through. I'm glad I did, now I'm eager to read the next book to see how the story develops further.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed Delirium but I haven't actually read Pandeminium yet, but I have to at sometime soon.

    My WOW this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must read Pandemonium, the story keeps getting more and more interesting. Thanks for visiting.

      Reply

      Delete
  4. The cliffhanger at the end of Pandemonium makes me want to this so badly. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read that series.

    Here's mine - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fascinating series, I highly recommend it. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Pandemonium is brilliant, the story keeps getting more and more interesting. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  7. Oh my!!! I have yet to read Pandemonium but it's patiently waiting on my shelf for me to read. I cannot wait until this book comes out! Cant wait to hear what you think about it!

    Manda C.
    http://isolemnlyswearx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't started this series! And book 3 is already releasing! So behind. #fail Great pick though. :)
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in that boat with a few series. With so many awesome series on the go I'm hesitant to start any more. I'm worried that I won't to able to keep track of them all!
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  9. Great pick! I love this series and I'm really excited to read what will happen next! I'm definitely buying this one the day it comes out!

    Thanks for visiting my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be awesome. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  10. I'm really looking forward to the final book in this series too! I'm currently rereading Delirium so that I can read Pandemonium and be ready for the release of this one. Great pick. :) I'm a new GFC follower!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Delirium and Pandemonium.
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a message :-)