Wednesday, January 16, 2013

“Waiting On” Wednesday: Spellcaster

"Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week my pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Spellcaster 
By Claudia Gray
Publication Date: 5 March 2013

When Nadia’s family moves to Captive’s Sound, she instantly realizes there’s more to it than meets the eye. Descended from witches, Nadia senses a dark and powerful magic at work in her new town. Mateo has lived in Captive’s Sound his entire life, trying to dodge the local legend that his family is cursed - and that curse will cause him to believe he’s seeing the future … until it drives him mad. When the strange dreams Mateo has been having of rescuing a beautiful girl—Nadia—from a car accident come true, he knows he’s doomed. 

Despite the forces pulling them apart, Nadia and Mateo must work together to break the chains of his family’s terrible curse, and to prevent a disaster that threatens the lives of everyone around them... (Goodreads)


Why am I waiting? More and more lately I find myself drawn to stories of magic such as Maria V. Snyder's Healer, Study and Glass series.  I have enjoyed Claudia Gray's Evernight series, anthologies and stand alone novels and look forward to what this new series has to offer. Also, I'm captivated by the covert art, its beautiful.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?



9 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one too. I love Gray's work... Nice pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read many books with witches. Not sure why, as I find them pretty cool. This one sounds great, adding it! Thanks for the share!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think their pretty cool tool. Thanks for visiting :-)

      Delete
  3. I think I have the first one on hold at the library. Certainly looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for visiting :-)

      Delete
  4. I have not come across this book before. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome :-) Thanks for checking out my WOW.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for visiting, I'm now following you back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a message :-)