Thursday, January 10, 2013

WIP: Quartz Lace Top


While I wait for Spotlight to chase down the last two balls of yarn for my Abalone Shell summer top I've started my next project. The Quartz Lace Top by Dora Ohrenstein, published in the Winter 2013 edition of Interweave Crochet is another gorgeous top for summer.

This top-down, seamless sweater is a great layering piece. Lace panels at the yoke, sleeves, and lower body give it a feminine touch. Although there is no shaping in the body, the laceweight yarn allows for flattering drape. (Interweave Crochet).

I'm completing this project using 200g of Milford Soft (100% Cotton; 3 Ply) in Jade.

So far the pattern has been quite intricate but fairly straightforward to understand. I have found that I need the pattern close by for reference as the stitches for the lace pattern change from round to round. There also appears to be a misprint for round 25 of the yoke but by applying a bit of logic, this is not too troublesome to work around.

I'm about halfway through this pattern and I love the way the top sits so far.  I hope to publish some pics of my finished top in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a message :-)