Thursday, February 21, 2013

Review: The Indigo Spell

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3)

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she struggles to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she finally tracks down the elusive, enigmatic Marcus Finch – a former Alchemist who the organisation denies exists, and who lives in shadows, on the run. With Marcus's help, Sydney realises that the group she's been loyal to her whole life has been hiding the truth from her. Is it possible that her golden lily tattoo might have more power over her than she thinks?

As she struggles to come to terms with what that might mean, Sydney is compelled to use her growing magical powers to track down an evil magic user who is targeting powerful young witches. Using magic goes against everything she always thought she believed, but she realises that her only hope is to embrace her special blood – or else she might be next.

Forging her own way is harder than Sydney ever dreamed. Maybe by turning off her brain – and following her heart – she'll be able to finally figure out where she belongs. 
(Goodreads)


**Warning - This review may contain spoilers**


My Review
After waiting months for this book to be released I raced through it within 3 days. I was excited to be back in the Bloodlines world with these wonderful characters that I adore. I love the depth and complexities of Richelle's characters and the way the bounce off each other.  I also enjoy the way Richelle has her readers hit the ground running as soon as they open the book. I was captivated by the action, suspense, adventure and of course the romance from the first to the last page. 

I was frustrated that it took Sydney so long to recognise and confess her feelings for Adrian. I also shared Sydney's disappointment that Marcus wasn't everything that we had hoped he would be. I admit, however, that both of these things made for a great and intense story.

Oh but why did it have to end the way it did? Can I just take out the last three pages and pretend that Adrian and Sydney live happily ever after? I guess it wouldn't be a Richelle Mead novel without a cliffhanger at the end ;-) I'll definitely be lining up to get The Fiery Heart on its release day later this year for the next instalment of this series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a message :-)