Thursday, October 13, 2011

Petal Pullover

I can't believe its been four months since my last post! My excuses for neglecting you... study, work, my daughters first birthday, landscaping the backyard, reading (reviews to come) and this gorgeous top:


I came across this Petal Pullover by Robyn Chachula in the Spring 2011 edition of Interweave CrochetI completed this project using Moda Vera Sombre (100% Organic Cotton), a soft and comfy lightweight yarn that is perfect for spring weather.

The pattern was quite complex but also repetitive so once I got going I could put the magazine aside. The sleeves were a little trickier and I was a stumped when it came to joining them onto the body. I would have liked to have seen a diagram illustrating how and where the edges joined together. Nevertheless it all come together in the end.

This is now one of my favourite tops. It looks just like the picture in the pattern (gotta love that!) and its quite versatile: I can dress it up or down for work, play or just lounging around the house!

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a message :-)