Saturday, January 26, 2013

Quartz Lace Top


Today I completed my Quartz Lace Top. This pattern was created by Dora Ohrenstein and published in the Winter 2013 edition of Interweave Crochet.

I love this pattern, the finished piece is delicate and feminine, and it sits beautifully.

I completed this project using just over 200g of Milford Soft (100% Cotton; 3 Ply) in Jade.

The pattern was quite intricate but fairly straightforward to understand. I found that I needed the pattern close by for reference as the stitches for the lace pattern change from round to round. I also found, as did others on the Crochet Me forum, a misprint for round 25 of the yoke. However, by applying a bit of logic, this is not too troublesome to work around. There are not yet any corrections published for 2013 on the Interweave Crochet website, however they have advised that their technical editor will review the pattern to see if there was possibly a typo.

This top took me approximately 3 weeks to complete and has quickly become one of my favourites. I'm looking forward to going out and showing it off :-)



1 comment:

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a message :-)