Friday, December 9, 2016

Review: Love Unending

Love Unending: Rediscovering Your Marriage in the Midst of Motherhood
by Becky Thompson

Book Review: Love Unending: Rediscovering Your Marriage in the Midst of Motherhood
How can I remember how to be a wife when it takes all I've got to be a momma?

Since becoming a mom, do you ever feel like your marriage no longer receives the attention it needs to thrive? Do you ever wonder how you're supposed to re-center your heart on your husband when you are so busy with everything else?

Those feelings we experienced in the first days of love and marriage often become buried beneath hurried life, active children, and mountains of bills and laundry. Maybe you've questioned and perhaps even worried if you'll ever again experience love as you did in the beginning--that newness of what it meant to be fully caught up in one another. But what if you could rekindle that fresh sort of love? What if there was a secret to love unending?


For the next twenty-one days, journey with Becky Thompson to remember what life was like when you first fell in love with your husband. Each daily challenge, reflection, and prayer will refocus your attention, re-center your heart, reignite the romance, and help you rediscover your marriage in the midst of motherhood.

Take the Love Unending 21-day challenge and discover the best way forward is to look back at the beginning.
 - Goodreads

Marriage changes when kids come along. Where we once poured time and energy into connecting with our best friend, the one we chose to do life with, we now find ourselves consumed with keeping little people alive. Love Unending reminds us that before we became mothers, we were wives first. Becky leads us through a 21 day challenge to reconnect with our spouse and prioritise marriage in the midst of parenting.

Love Unending is a brilliant and practical book for every mum wanting to invest in her marriage. I'll admit I find it difficult to stick at challenges that require a chapter to be read each day or a daily task to complete. This book has taken me a little longer than 21 days to get through. Nevertheless, I loved working through each activity, albeit at my own pace, and have noticed my heart soften and tune in to my husband like it was in the beginning before kids. This has had a positive impact, not only on our marriage, but also, on my interactions with our kids and the atmosphere of our home.

Love Unending will be released next month, Jan 3rd 2017.

My Rating ~

Nicki
Disclaimer: I received an Advanced Readers Copy of this book for free for an honest opinion. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a message :-)